July 23, 2020
Dear Mahogany Dance Arts Families,
As we continue to navigate our way through this pandemic, we were thrilled to hear the government’s announcement on June 21, 2020, that all K-12 schools will return to classes in September 2020, which gives us the green light to proceed with our in-studio classes.
WE. CANNOT. WAIT to dance with you!
We have been closed since March 15, 2020, & are so pleased to say “Welcome Home” to our Dance Arts families & “Welcome” to all of our new dancers & families. In all that we do, we have your child’s health, safety, and happiness at the heart of all of our decisions. We have thus far and will continue to adhere to a methodical, measured, and safe approach to re-opening the studio.
Our staff have been working extremely hard on our re-opening plan, implementing enhanced safety protocols to ensure staff, families, and dancers feel safe to work and dance while still delivering the experience you have come to LOVE from Mahogany Dance Arts.
Here are some of the changes we have made in our business to best serve you:
- Safe procedures for drop off/pick up
- Mandatory touchless temperature checks upon entry of the studio and verbal confirmation that you agree to the 4 safety questions provided/outlined
- Classes will have a maximum of 10 dancers. This is to allow for physical distancing of more than 2 metres
- Floor markings with 2 meters between your child, other dancers and your teacher on all sides
- Additional time between classes to minimize congestion
- Dancers will remain within their class cohort & not change studio if participating in multiple classes back to back
- Consistent and strict attendance recording (in case of a need for contact tracing)
- Our lobby/hallway will remain closed to parents to ensure everyone’s safety
- The dancer holding area/change room will remain closed & dancers will bring all necessary items into the classroom with them
- Signage posted throughout the studio for a friendly reminder for the children as per Alberta Health Services regulations
- Daily deep cleaning and sanitizing of high touch surfaces
- In-studio barres & floors cleaned between each class. Each child will have their own props for their class that they are required to bring each week so there is no sharing of supplies
- Bathroom wipe down between each use
- Hand sanitizing stations throughout the studio. Frequent hand washing
- Staff & teacher health assessment before every class & expectations for our teachers regarding dancer’s safety
- Zero tolerance for illness – more information to come, but dancers – and teachers – must remain at home if they show any signs of illness and will not be permitted inside the studio if they should show any signs of illness. Should a dancer become ill during their class, their parents must come to pick them up immediately
Finally, thank you for your patience and for adhering to the precautions and guidelines that we have put in place thus far. Before heading back into the studio, we will also share our “Best Practices” protocol so we can stay safe together.
We ask in advance, for your support and patience while we work with any new procedures and processes which are all in an effort to keep everyone safe.
Gillian Howatt & Diana Radcliffe