Class fees have been pro-rated to reflect the closures. Please note that each class receives a minimum of 32 lessons per year (taking into account holidays and studio closures). The fee for these 32 lessons has been split into 10 monthly payments, so whether a month has 2 classes or 5 you still pay the same amount. First and last months fee’s are non refundable.
First & last month (September & June) will be charged at time of registration along with a $25 registration fee. First and last month are non-refundable. You will then be charged on the first of the each following month using the method of payment you entered into your account. You may log in to you account & change this method of payment at anytime. Direct Debit or Credit Card are accepted.
Registration fees are paid annually & are valid until June 31 st of the current dance year.
No refunds will be granted after January 1st of the current dance year for year round classes.
Refunds up to that point are only granted at the end of the month & must be given in writing to the director two weeks prior to the next month payment. For sessional classes NO refunds will be granted after the 2nd week of class. All withdrawals from classes must be submitted via email. Registration fee is non- refundable & tuition is non – transferable.
There is a $30.00 service charge on all returned cheques.
Receipts are available through your Parent Portal & can be accessed & printed out from there. Please be sure to keep you username & password handy.
For families that have multiple students enrolled at Mahogany Dance Arts the following discount for lesson fees will apply:
- 5% off 2nd Child
- 10% off 3rd & 4th Child
Discounts will automatically be applied upon registration.
If your child in unable to attend class a phone call or email is very much appreciated. Consistent attendance is encouraged. Dance training must occur regularly to improve skills. Irregular attendance may affect a child’s ability to advance through our curriculum of increasingly more complex levels of dance. Unfortunately, make up classes are not offered and NO refunds will be given for missed classes.
If at any time we are required to cancel classes due to bad weather an email will be sent out as soon as possible. We will do our best to run classes except under exceptionally dangerous driving conditions & if it is unsafe for dancers & family members to be out. Use your own discretion regarding attendance if the driving is difficult in your area. Missed classes due to weather conditions will not be rescheduled.
Proper attire is very important for each class and every dancer is expected to adhere to the appropriate dress code. Please review the dress codes details on our website. Additional these
details will be sent to you prior classes starting up.
- NO Jewelry, chewing gum, food and or flavored beverages. Water bottles are permitted & encouraged. The above items are forbidden in the studios for safety reasons and to protect the dance studio facilities.
- Dancers should arrive at least 5 minutes before class start time, appropriately dressed.
- Appropriate dance attire is required. We believe in a “dress code” for class as it puts students in right frame of mind to start learning & instills the discipline of dance.
- Respect for teachers, parents and peers will be expected always.
- No disruptive behaviour, use of foul language, or ridiculing of other students will be tolerated.
- No use of cell phones allowed in the studio classroom.
Assignment of Class Levels, Exams, Pointe Work
The Artistic Directors, in collaboration with teachers, makes all decisions regarding the assignment of class levels; participation in exams; and the appropriate time to begin pointe work. Occasionally a student may be moved to a different class when the student’s training would be
improved by that change. Regular attendance, concentration, ability to assimilate instruction, and level of interest all contribute to steady growth.
Mahogany Dance Arts will not accept any student who is enrolled in training with another studio/teacher, unless the directors of MDA have approved.
Teacher Absence & Substitute Teachers
If your child’s instructor is sick or unable to attend class, a knowledgeable and experienced substitute teacher will cover classes. The instructor will leave a lesson plan so that students stay on track with what they are learning and do not fall behind.
- Please respect the lobby area as if it were your own home. Clean up after yourself & throw all unwanted items in the garbage bins provided.
- The studio will be opened 15 minutes prior to the first class each day and closed 15 minutes after the last class of the evening. We encourage parents not to leave students in the lobby any longer than 15 minutes prior to their class beginning and 15 minutes after their class finishing. Dance Discovery will not be held responsible for students in the lobby any time that extends beyond what is listed in the above policy.
- Within MDA all students, parents and teachers are expected to always conduct themselves in an appropriate manner. Negativity & critiquing/criticizing Mahogany Dance Arts, it’s students &/or teachers will NOT be tolerated.
At Mahogany Dance Arts we believe in a closed-door policy therefore the viewing windows will remain closed. We enforce this policy as it allows the dancer to fully focus & concentrate on what is happening in the classroom & not be distracted by eyes watching. The door to the classroom will remain unlocked during classes so if anytime your child needs a parent they will know they are only a few steps away.
We have 2 observation weeks through out the year where you can view your child’s progress as well as a Year End Performance Showcase that demonstrates all your children have learned.
Lost and Found
We recommend that all valuables be left at home as the studio cannot be held responsible for the loss of personal effects. We ask that parents check their child’s belongings before leaving each class and encourage you to mark all clothing and shoes with the students’ name. Our lost & found box if located in the dancers change room.
Mahogany Dance Arts website will be updated regularly with new info & our special events so that everyone can have easy access to the information they need. We require your email address to provide extra information to you and answer any questions. Discussions between instructors, parents and students can be arranged by appointment only, not during or between classes. Please do not hesitate to contact the office to schedule an appointment at your convenience. We want to establish an Open Door Policy so that students, instructors and parents feel welcome to discuss any questions or concerns.
Dance Arts reserves the rights to use photographs and video material taking of the students for advertising and promotional purposes. If you DO NOT wish to have your child appear in our promotional material please let us know promptly.
Questions & Concerns:
All questions can be directed to our office admin or studio directors at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. This way we can ensure our teachers are able to fully focus on instruction and provide uninterrupted lessons to the students.