Table of Contents
Registration Term, Fees & Withdrawal
Term: Each class receives a minimum of 32 classes per year taking into account holidays and studio closures. The fee for these 32 lessons has been split into 10 monthly payments, so whether a month has 2 classes or 5 you still pay the same amount per month.
Fees: For full-year classes, your first and last month fees (September and June) will be charged at the time of registration along with a $35 registration fee. You will then be charged on the first of each following month using the method of payment you entered into your online account. You may log in to your account and change this method of payment at any time. Direct Debit or Credit Card are accepted. When the first day of the month falls on a weekend or holiday, your fees will be processed on the next business day.
For Sessional classes, your registration fee and full-session tuition will be charged at the time of registration.
Registration fees are paid annually and are valid until June 31 of the current dance year.
Registration and Withdrawal Policy: Our registration and withdraws deadline for the current dance year is January 15. No new registrations will be accepted after this date and no refunds will be granted for year-round classes. Refunds up to this date are only granted at the end of each month and written notification must be given 2 weeks before the next month’s payment.
Your registration fees and first/last month payments are non-refundable for full-year classes. For Sessional classes, no refunds will be granted after the second week of class. Class fees are nontransferable.
Coronavirus Policy Update: Your first/last month’s class fees or sessional fees will not be processed until we get the government’s go-ahead for classes to resume. Essentially, by registering NOW all you are doing is holding a spot in the classes for your child.
Rates and Receipts
NSF Fees: There will be a service charge of $30 automatically charged to your account for all NSF direct debit & credit card transactions.
Receipts: Tax receipts are available through your Parent Portal, where they can be viewed and printed. Please be sure to keep your username and password handy. You will also receive an email notification when your monthly fees are processed.
Family Rates: For families that have multiple students enrolled at Mahogany Dance Arts Ltd., the following discount for lesson fees will apply:
- 5% off 2nd Child
- 10% off 3rd and 4th Child
Discounts will automatically be applied upon registration.
Absences, Cancellations, and Classroom Etiquette
Schedule Subject to Change: Mahogany Dance Arts Ltd. reserves the right to reschedule, cancel or combine classes should registration be insufficient.
Absences: If your child is unable to attend class, a phone call or email is very much appreciated. Consistent attendance is encouraged. Dance training must occur regularly to improve skills. Irregular attendance may affect a child’s ability to advance through our curriculum of increasingly more complex levels of dance. Unfortunately, makeup classes are not offered, and NO refunds will be given for missed classes.
Class Cancellations: If at any time we are required to cancel classes due to bad weather, an email will be sent as soon as possible. We will do our best to run classes, except under exceptionally dangerous driving conditions and/or if it is unsafe for dancers and family members to be out. Use your discretion regarding attendance if the driving is difficult in your area. Missed classes due to weather conditions will not be rescheduled.
Teacher Absence and Substitute Teachers: If your child’s instructor is sick or unable to attend class, a knowledgeable and experienced substitute teacher will cover classes. The instructor will leave a lesson plan so that students stay on track with what they are learning and do not fall behind.
Dress Requirements: Proper dress attire is very important for each class. Every dancer is expected to adhere to the appropriate attire set forth for each class. Please review the dress requirements details. These details can be found under the “Dancer Information” tab. Additionally, these details will be sent to you before classes start.
- NO chewing gum, food and or flavored beverages inside the studio. Water bottles are permitted and encouraged. The above items are forbidden in the studios for safety reasons and to protect the dance studio facilities.
- Jewelry is also asked to be removed, except for small stud earrings.
- Appropriate class dress requirements are required. We believe in a “dress code” for each class as it puts students in the right frame of mind to start learning and instills the discipline of dance.
- Respect for teachers, parents, and peers will be expected within the classroom/studio is mandatory.
- No disruptive behavior, use of foul language or ridiculing of other students will be tolerated. The classroom is a welcoming, warm and encouraging space for the dancers.
- No use of cell phones is allowed in the classroom.
- To teach and correct dance movement and technique, physical contact between the student and teacher is necessary. Mahogany Dance Arts Ltd. ensures that such contact is applied professionally and is required for dance instruction. This contact, as deemed necessary by the teacher, is consented to by the student and/or parent/guardian.
Lobby Etiquette and Parental Viewing
- Place all outdoor shoes on the shoe racks after entering the studio.
- Please respect the lobby area as if it were your own home. Clean up after yourself and throw all unwanted items in the garbage bins provided.
- The studio will be open 15 minutes before the first class each day and close 15 minutes after the last class of the evening. We encourage parents to drop and go, but please do not leave students in the lobby any longer than 15 minutes before their class begins and 15 minutes after their class finishes. Mahogany Dance Arts Ltd. will not be held responsible for students in the lobby area outside of their class times.
- Dancers are asked to use the bathrooms available to change into their dance attire if needed.
- All the dancers’ jackets and dance bags will be left in the holding room.
- Within Mahogany Dance Arts Ltd., all students, parents, and teachers are expected to always conduct themselves appropriately. Negativity and critiquing/criticizing the studio, its students and/or teachers will NOT be tolerated.
Viewing Windows: At Mahogany Dance Arts Ltd., we believe in a closed-door policy, therefore, the viewing windows will remain closed. We enforce this policy as it allows the dancers to fully focus and concentrate on what is happening in the classroom and not be distracted by eyes watching. The door to the classroom will remain unlocked during classes so if anytime your child needs a parent, they will know they are only a few steps away.
We have 2 special observation weeks throughout the year where you can view your child’s progress as well as a Year-End Performance Showcase that demonstrates everything your children have learned.
Year-End Showcase Participation: All dancers registered in our full-year programs agree to participate in our Year-End Showcase. The choreography of these routines will begin in mid-February. Sessional class dancers will not participate in the Year-End Showcase.
Photo/Images & Promotional Material Release: For purposes such as education and promotion of Mahogany Dance Arts Ltd. and its programs, photographs and video may be taken of students and used on our website, on Facebook/Instagram and in other promotional mediums. Mahogany Dance Arts Ltd., as applicable, is not required to notify students or their parents/guardians, solicit their approval, or compensate them in any way before using such photographs or videos. If you DO NOT wish to have your child appear in our promotional marketing materials or advertisements please let us know promptly.
Assignment of Class Levels, Exams, Pointe Work: The Directors, in collaboration with teachers, make all decisions regarding the assignment of class levels, participation in exams, and the appropriate time to begin pointe work. Occasionally, a student may be moved to a different class when the student’s training would be improved by that change. Regular attendance, concentration, ability to assimilate instruction, and level of interest all contribute to steady growth.
Outside Training: We will not accept any student who is enrolled or training with another studio/teacher.
Lost and Found: We recommend that all valuables be left at home as the studio cannot be held responsible for the loss of personal effects. We ask that parents check their child’s belongings before leaving each class and encourage you to mark all clothing and shoes with the students’ names. Our lost and found box is located in the dancers’ change room.
Communications: Email notifications will be sent regarding all studio events and information you need to know. Please check your emails regularly to ensure you don’t miss any of this important information. Our website will also be updated regularly so that everyone can have easy access to the information needed.
Discussions between instructors, parents, and students can be arranged by appointment only, not during or between classes. Please do not hesitate to contact the office to schedule an appointment at your convenience. We want to establish an Open-Door Policy by appointment so that students, instructors, and parents feel welcome to discuss any questions or concerns but ensure our teachers can fully focus on instruction and provide uninterrupted lessons to our students.
We will aim to reply to all email questions as promptly as possible weekdays between 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. & Saturdays between 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. All emails received outside of these windows will be replied to the next business day.